Sunday, April 24, 2011

Write Your Own Book of Psalms

Recently, I have really enjoyed listening to worship music at BREATHEcastFM.  Today, instead or reading my Bible, journaling, or studying during my early morning visit with God I just tuned in and prayerfully listened to the music.  As I did, it occured to me that although I am not blessed with the talent to sing or make music that anyone else would care to listen to, I am writing psalms as I pour out my heart to God in my journal and on this blog.
I am reminded of the command to record for future generations the mighty acts of God.  Often, my journal entries serve to remind me of what God has said to and done.  Without the written reminder I tend to forget the things that He has made clear to me.
Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.
Dt 4:9
I will sing of the LORD's great love forever;with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.
Ps 89:1 
I would love to see your psalms recording the mighty acts that God has shown you.  Please comment below with your story.  Why not play worship songs in the background while you type your response!

No comments:

Post a Comment