Friday, November 18, 2016

What Would Make America Great

I am heartbroken by the hatred and discord that has become so prevalent in the news. I guess I have been living in a bubble. I am colorblind and try to love everyone I meet with the love Jesus has given me to share. I volunteer at a pregnancy center that serves all races and attempt to give the women I meet love and hope in Jesus. My church is multi denominational and I have relationships with individuals from many nationalities. So I'm shocked and saddened when I am faced with the fact that there are people who hate me because of the color of my skin and to know that the hatred comes from deep pain and abuse. But what can I do. I am only one Middle Class American White Woman.

Well, I can open my mouth and speak truth and maybe someone will hear and share and maybe God will use me to make a difference in someones life. 

Do you remember the 1965 song "What the World Needs Now Is LOVE"? The same is still true today and the source of Love is God. The further we move from One Nation Under GOD the more hate and violence will become the norm. The answer to our national condition will not come from Washington. It will come from individuals who decide to allow the love of Christ to dwell richly in them and are committed to allow that love to flow through them into a hurting world.

I woke up at 3 am this morning with these thoughts in my head and I am writing this blog post because I felt compelled to share them:

  • 1. My favorite verse to quote to my children. They call it Mama's verse. "Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is useful for building others up according to their need."Eph.4:29 NIV. Imagine  Facebook if this was a rule.

  • 2. What if Americans controlled their thoughts instead of allowing the news to pump poison into their minds every day. Consider this verse from Philippians. "Finally Brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure,whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent and praiseworthy--think about such things." Ph. 4:8 NIV. There is a lot of good in our world. Imagine if these events were considered more newsworthy.

  • 3. And finally this, "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves" Ph.2:3. What if we would get over ourselves and focus more on the needs of those around us.

Our enemy is not another race, the government officials, the media or any other entity. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ep. 6:12 The enemy is Satan. He is a thief and a Liar. "the thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;" John 10:10.

It is a spiritual battle and we need to join the battle by spreading Truth and Love and Hope. 

Please comment. Lets get a conversation started.


No comments:

Post a Comment